Thanks For Visiting!

12.04.2009

Ginkgo Love



A couple of weeks ago we went to an art opening at Guilford College. The campus has GIGANTIC Ginkgo trees and the ground was littered with leaves. The opening was fabulous, & on the way back to the car I scooped up a few leaves. I brought them home and they've been sitting on my desk ever since. I had no idea what I wanted to do with them. I just liked them. So I thought I'd await inspiration & hope that they didn't dry out too fast (or that the cats wouldn't eat them).

A few days ago I decided to pull out my Gocco printer & make some holiday cards - of course, every time I do that my imagination seems to take a hiatus, none of the designs I was coming up with were working. So, instead of sitting there staring at the printer -willing it to print something ultra cool, I decided to print some Ginkgo leaves. I liked the print so much I decided to make some notecards. I've no idea if anyone else will like them, but I think they're cool.

See more of the prints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails